Saturday, March 8, 2008

bad words

My Valentine's was completely ruined last night. My daughter woke up every half hour and both my husband and I went simultaneously crazy. He said all I was expected to do was look after the kid, and even that I didn't do well. I'd ruined her routine by letting her sleep in till 10 am which is when I wake up.

I said, well mister, I write, read, work at night which is the only time I get to myself. You would probably never understand the need for me to get away, fortified as you are by colleagues, and working lunches, and office bets and a car to drive around in. I never do this, but yesterday I told him I wished my life on him for just some time - no job, a crying infant, zero adult company, financial dependence.

I no longer feel like a human being. Just the bitterness of a reluctant martyr. A craziness. Mother, martyr. Why, they even sound similar.

Sorry guys, I have nothing of value to offer today. Maybe just this link to this week's cover article in Newsweek - The Myth of the Perfect Mother - [url]http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/6959880/site/newsweek/[/url]

The issue arrived last afternoon. One look at it and my husband decided it was too girlie to ever read it, but in parts, it is almost my life to a T.

No comments: