Saturday, March 8, 2008

wabi sabi

We went and signed our contract for the townhouse this weekend. It's the last second home on the lot, faces a small strip of very young trees, for which we paid a lot premium. There's still hope that by the time we move in, the trees will actually have grown, and will give us actual greenery to look at.

We've got a small patch of land in front and a decent sized lot behind. I'm thinking I'll plant seasonal plants, so I can fill bowls with stuff from my own tiny garden. I'm enamored by the wabi sabi aesthetic - the stark beauty of things impermanent, incomplete. I want low furniture, floor pillows, informality. A few objects taken from the surroundings to add accents. This is me now, I don't know how I'll be when I have a little more money to spend.

No comments: