Saturday, March 8, 2008

ultimatum to myself

I have precisely 14 days to polish my script into something submittable to my thesis committee. It's got too many boob jokes currently. But I should change that. I will change that.

Much as I love this place, I'm coming here too often. Gotta get some discipline in life. Maybe an hour's visit at day's end would be good - instead of refreshing the page every few minutes till I know, off the top of my head, how many comments some of my favorite bloggers have, whether those have changed or not, and running to check them out as soon as the number of comments on [i]their[/i] blogs change. Reeks of despo-ness.

A month to get a job. A month to land my first writing assignment. I was a software engineer five years ago, now I've got a masters in film, video and new media. If I get a programming job in the next month, that's what I'm going to do for the next few years. If I manage to land a paying writing assignment, I'm going to be a freelance writer for the next few years. So what I do with my life will be decided by what job life throws my way. Wooh. Big. Thank God, [i]I[/i] don't have to decide :D

Is anyone on this site a lover of modernist, mass-produced stuff? Newsweek recently had a story on [url=http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/7857152/site/newsweek/]prefab[/url] homes. I loved the clean lines of the homes showcased. Now they tell me. (If we'd known before we bought our townhome, I'm sure I'd never have the guts to invest in something so [i]out there[/i], anyway)

No comments: