Saturday, March 8, 2008

nothing much

Just wanted to check in..... TWP has taken a life of its own. I like that. I've been trying to write my thesis screenplay the last coupla hours. Trying to make it pseudo-reality, kinda like Ricky Gervais' The Office. I'm ashamed to admit this, but, I'm hooked onto reality TV, esp stuff like The Apprentice. Can't come up with an idea for a show though. I think I'll name the most obnoxious characters in my script after some of the obnoxious people who were my bosses while I was interning. It was really strange, you know, the really big bosses were very gracious, nice people. The littler ones, like the producer's 2nd assistant's secretary - those were the ones that tried very hard to seem more important than they actually were.

Kit is off to her Mckee seminar. Ali must be at some military ball. Skip is in NZ waiting for a Sunday visitor, warding off tornados :) and writing poetry. Debbe, Rachel - no news in a long time. Nick, a young man in a soldier's uniform, wondering about the futility of war. Mdhislaer and play practise. Dentona, Jesse, Gretchen. The teen brigade - Corrine, Courtney, Lori, Kayla - waiting for Friday night I'm sure..... Anthropophobe - my favorite online Buddhist (I think - from the Maya references). UncleB, Arek - our political afficionados. I've never commented on either of your blogs, but I do check out the links you post. Greedybull, somewhere thinking of the next skin.....

This is a busy, fun place, and it's nice to see the hands of all the regulars at this cafe. One of the teams on The Apprentice had Simple Plan on, thought of you - Nick, Ali, and the girls.

No comments: