Saturday, March 8, 2008

writing

I've been working on my script. It's hard hard hard to write humour, especially if you're not the clever, witty type. I don't know what made me go and choose to try to write a sitcom. Hopefully by the end of this I'll know whether to ditch this line totally, or it'll be another mountain scaled. Queen of mixed metaphors - [i]c'est moi[/i].

It's disconcerting to come to a quiet Blogladder. Faceless friends have such a presence in your life. The closest to this was having penpals when I was younger. Then, if you got pally with someone, you would send out your nice photograph. It also took a long time for snail mail to travel. This is more instantaneous, and it's kinda proliferated to take over our lives. No pictures. I actually don't want to have faces to relate to names. I know some people's real names, but I like the online identities each of us have created for ourselves. Reminds me of Savage Garden's [i]Santa Monica[/i].

I like blogging too... I do put on my thinking cap - what insight can I write about today, so the rest of my blogger friends still feel compelled to come back for more? The feverishness of my first posts is gone, all I could think of when I first started blogging was what I would write next. But if I haven't blogged in a day or two, I feel a little lost. That maybe because there're a few people who regularly check in, and if they stop coming to Blogladder, I wonder if I have the strength to go out and make more online friends.

No comments: