Saturday, March 8, 2008

weightloss

Welcome to all the new members. I've been gone a few days and haven't been reading/commenting much, but I'd love to read everyone's entries and get acquainted. Hi to everyone else. It's great to be back.

Finally I have something to celebrate. I lost a few pounds in the last few weeks. We are the proud new owners of this absolutely wonderful bathroom scale we mail ordered recently. The equipment looks like a sleek piece of modern art. And it weighs accurately to .1 pounds.

I weighed myself in all sorts of combinations - with clothes, without. With half my breakfast in, halfway between meals, feet stuck together, placed wide apart at opposite ends of the scale. Before and after nature's calls. I even had a friend of mine, whose bathroom scales I had used and trusted, come in and weigh herself today. After she reported that my scales matched the reading on hers, I allowed myself to feel lighter!

So, I'm assuming that if I jump for joy tonight, I will stay airborne just a teeny bit longer. I'm assuming my jeans which have been feeling a little loose lately aren't that way because they haven't been washed for too long.

It's enough to make me want to binge on the chocolates that sit atop my dining table. But I will continue to be disciplined and will steal those chocs only when I'm sure my husband isn't watching and will continue to hide the wrappers deep inside the trash can. Yippeeeeeeeee! I'm on cloud nine. Or maybe Cloud 23 :) Who knows.

No comments: