Saturday, March 8, 2008

walking miles

Something's happening and it's fun!

Story from 2 days back:
My daughter managed to cry her way into our bed when my husband turned in. When I decided to sleep, it was really late, 3:00. Because I was too tired to move her to the crib, I plonked down on the bedroom floor. Around 6:00 am, I climbed in beside my daughter because she was bawling again.

When I finally did wake up, I told my husband I was having backache from sleeping on the floor, and could he give me a back rub? He was like, no problem about the back rub, but you were out in the family room, remember? I said, no, I slept right here - on the floor. He kept saying, you slept outside. Both of us started laughing, I was sure he was messing with my mind and he thought I was messing with his.

Then he walked around to my side of the bed, and pointedly looked around. "If you slept here, where are the sheets?" Well I looked everywhere, they were missing. Ditto for my pillows, my glasses and the Wired article I was reading.

They were finally found in the family room, thrown around the mattress. Sometime in the middle of the night, I'd transported my favorite pillows, a fresh comforter, the magazine, even my glasses which I'd tossed onto the nightstand, and gone off to the family room. the only thing I remember are going to sleep on the floor and moving in beside my daughter. Can't remember anything in between.

My hubs is such a cute thing. He worried that I was stressed or something and reacting to it by sleepwalking. I'm shamelessly hoping it gets worse. Maybe I'll be found doing wild 80s dances in some disc where all those young things will look at me and laugh. Or driving at 100 on the left side of the road, honking wildly. It's been ages since I've got sloshed and lost control, so maybe this might be the alternative. I'm know I'm thinking movie scenes where the people walk around with eyes open and doing things they have no idea about later. I don't know why I'm so excited about it, but I am.

No comments: